My daughter’s closet was just a 4′ x 5′ space with two hanging bars and a shelf, which was not an efficient use of the space. If I had taken a “before” picture of this project, you would be able to see that, but I didn’t take any pictures until I had ripped out the shelf and started installing the supports for the custom organization system, which you can see here:
I also didn’t take any pictures of the construction process, so you’ll have to trust me that it happened.
The finished system comprises seven separate cabinets: two sets of drawers, two corner units, and three shelving units with adjustable shelves. Everything is made of melamine with edge banding, except for the drawer faces, which are poplar and plywood.
For the corner units, I made the shelves with a rounded inner edge, which I think is pretty snazzy.
If you think the empty closet looks good, you should see it full! And now you will!
The hanging rod on the right is adjustable, since it is attached to the bottom of the adjustable shelf.
This project took 58 hours of work over about three weeks (plus half an hour two months later to finally install the moulding).