This post originally appeared on the Netscape Blog.
We’re expanding our team!
We’re currently looking for a developer to supplement our browser development team that could also lend a hand with Web development. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Strong PHP/MySQL skills
- Substantial C/C++ skills
- A solid understanding of XPCOM
- Experience building cross-platform applications
- and, of course, a willingness to learn, solid time management skills, and a sweet ride that I could maybe borrow sometimes.
- Familiarity with the Mozilla Firefox codebase is a plus
- Experience with XUL is preferred but not necessary
- A college degree is great, but not required; a substantial skillset can speak for itself.
Furthermore, you must be willing to work from home (using awesome Netscape-provided equipment), and you must be willing to let us pay you handsomely for the privilege. If you don’t want to work from home, you could look into renting some office space, but that’s your call. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Tom at email@example.com
We’d like to find a talented, motivated individual with:
- A strong design aesthetic
- Serious CSS skills (as in, it’s your middle name)
- Intimate HTML knowledge: semantics, standards (You’re a hand-coder)
- Hero-level organizational skills
And bonus points if:
- You’re great at illustration, icons, infographics
- You’re a self-starter who needs little supervision
- You have great ideas and are willing to share
As with the Developer position, the Design position is work-from-home (with travel necessary 3-4 weeks/year). We’ll provide equipment and great compensation… just bring the talent. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org