Greencode is a theme I developed for WordPress blogs that is based on a previous design of my website.
Some noteable notes regarding this theme:
- Greencode implements “tagging” instead of “categories” and features a tag cloud instead of a category list.
- Each page has a sidebar, including single post pages.
- The theme includes a print stylesheet for cleaner printed pages.
- The code for the templates is valid XHTML.
- Greencode has a custom view for visitors using the Nintendo Wii’s Web browser.
- Although it may look as if the blog title is part of the header image, the title is actually positioned over a blank spot in the header. If your blog title is significantly longer than 20 characters, you may want to edit the header image to leave more blank space. You can e-mail me for the high-quality, layered Photoshop file.
- It is compatible with WordPress 2.0-2.1.2 for sure; your mileage may vary with other versions.
The latest version of Greencode is version 0.4, released on 2007-03-03.
Full theme installation instructions can be found at the official WordPress site, but in short, unzip the files and upload the greencode/ directory to wp-content/themes/. Then choose the “Greencode” theme in the Presentation tab of your blog admin panel.
Feel free to contact me with any suggestions or feedback on this theme.
Note: watch the Greencode section of my blog for information on updates to this theme.