This post originally appeared on the Netscape Blog.
Netscape is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Netscape Navigator 9.0 Beta 3. The release is now available for download from browser.netscape.com for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Beta 3 includes the following changes from Beta 2:
- New preferences in Tabs panel of Preferences dialog
- Added “Link Pad” to the “Clear Private Data” dialog
- Fixed issue with Link Pad icon blinking indefinitely
- Added News preferences to Netscape.com pane of Preferences dialog
- Fixed bug with feed processor that was causing both a memory leak and excessive CPU usage
- Added tab preference for opening bookmarks
- Added tab preference for links opened by Netscape.com integrated components
- Changed URL correction confirmation to be enabled by default
- Fixed bug in URL correction that was interrupting the auto-addition of “www” and “.com”
- Fixed bug that caused the “Confirm correcitons” item in the Location bar’s context menu to be hidden
- Added button in preferences to easily disable Netscape.com integration
- Various performance fixes
For a complete list of the new features in Netscape 9, see What’s New in Netscape Navigator 9? at browser.netscape.com; you may want to also check out the Netscape Navigator FAQ for information on running Navigator 9 alongside previous Netscape browsers.