Feed Sidebar is an extension for the Mozilla Firefox web browser that displays the items from your newsfeeds in a sidebar. It can be downloaded for free from Mozilla Add-ons.
I just uploaded an update for Feed Sidebar to Mozilla Add-ons. Changes since version 3.0.1 include:
- Added an option to always have new items open in tabs
- Added a button to the search bar to quickly show all items, both read and unread
- Removed “Mark All as Read” and “Mark All as Unread” from feed and item context menus
- Sidebar now shows the name you gave the feed, not the feed’s default title.
- Marking a feed (or all items) as read is now much faster. In my tests, it only took about 5% of the time it used to.
- Clicking on a feed name in the preview pane now opens the homepage, not a useless blank page.
The update can be installed from Mozilla Add-ons, or you can wait for Firefox to notify you of the available update. If you’re not using Feed Sidebar, give it a try; it has seen a lot of improvements in the past few months.